A Heathcote day tour to remember – Just Launched!
***We are NOW OPEN for private tours, public tours expected in 2021***
Wine Compass now provides wine tours of the Heathcote wine region.
This is Victoria’s up and coming wine touring region and they are primed and ready to accommodate our valued guests. We are excited to be able to deliver this new product with tours commencing in February. It’s only 1.5hrs from the CBD and today there are around 40 wineries and 70 vineyards in the region so we are spoilt for choice. We can’t wait to put Heathcote on the touring map.
Be one of the first to get involved – you won’t regret it.
We also run Small Group day tours to the region. Couple, singles or small groups won’t miss out. More details here
Choose your tour type
We service a wide range of groups, to find out more information Choose the tour type that best suits your group below
Fun & Social private tours
Click here to find out more
These are fun and relaxed days out for private groups of any size and for all kinds of occasions. Highlights include:
– Lots of time to socialise and catch up with friends and family
– Favourite wineries & produce from the region
– Fun and experienced host who can work in with the vibe of the day (tunes pumping, info about the region)
– Perfect for: Days out with friends and/or family, hens or bucks parties, ladies/boys days out, birthday parties, Christmas parties & Social Club functions
Find out more about our Fun & Social wine tours
Foodie & Wine Lovers private tours
For private groups that are a little more serious about their wine, food & produce:
– Enjoy the best of the region’s wine, food, & produce with a focus on some of the more boutique offerings
-More in-depth insight into the winemaking process, thanks to informative hosts and connections with local characters
– Lots of fun & laughs along the way
– Options include: top wineries, breweries, a distillery, farm gates & more
Find out more about our Foodie & Wine Lovers tours
The region has some of Australia’s finest wine makers. For the ultimate experience consider one of our bespoke premium tours.
– Meet world famous wine makers at award winning wineries.
– Enjoy private tastings which often include vertical & barrel tastings
– Experienced wine hosts including international wine judges and sommeliers
– Gourmet lunch at the best spots
– Best for: wine collectors, connoisseurs & appreciators, people in the industry, someone seeking behind the scenes access. These tours are our most expensive option.
Find about more about our Premium tours
Small Group tours
Perfect for singles, couples and smaller groups.
– Small, boutique wineries where you get great wines and the best experiences
– A fun and relaxed vibe, you will get lots of laughs along the way
– Informative and entertaining, with an awesome Wine Compass host to make sure your day is extra special
– 2 tours types to choose from
Find about more about our Small Group public tours
If you have been tasked with organising the company Christmas Party:
– Impress your staff or clients with a great day out, super easy to organise
– Pick-ups from your office or anywhere you suggest
– Focus on fun while also being informative on the wines and the region
– We can work with any games, quizzes or special requests
– Tailored for your group, options include: wineries, breweries, a distillery, music and more
Find about more about our Christmas Party tours
Corporate tours with a difference
If you are looking to impress your clients or staff with something a bit different:
– Enjoy the best of the region’s wine, food, & produce
– Local knowledge, informative hosts & local characters. Lots of laughs
– Easy to organise, we take care of everything
– Options include: Masterclass & Blind Tasting Competition, Meet the Makers, top wineries, Winemaker host. breweries, distillery, farm gates & more
Find about more about our Corporate Tours
Large Group wine tours
Gathering a large group of friends or family for a fun day out:
– We take care of the organising and transport
– Enjoy the most amazing local wine, food, & produce
– Local knowledge, informative hosts & local characters. Lots of laughs
– Variety of options: Masterclass & Blind Tasting Competition, Meet the Makers, top wineries, Winemaker host. breweries, distillery, farm gates & more
Find about more about our Large Group wine tours
Bookings & Tour Pricing
We provide a tailored service and collaborate with you to create the perfect itinerary. On the first phone call we will find out about your group and provide you with a number of options. After this we come back with a sample itinerary and pricing so you will have everything you need to make an informed decision.
Talk to us today about your ideal itinerary. Pick-ups from Melbourne & Heathcote (including Bendigo)
Small Group Day Tours
Now you can experience a Wine Compass tour in couples, singles or small groups. More details here
A little about the Heathcote Wine Region
Being significantly warmer than both Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula the wines produced here are distinctly different and unique to the area. The region is most famous for their rich, velvety and often spicy Shiraz, which equates to around 60% of the area currently under vine. What has surprised us to learn however is that the white wines produced are equally amazing. Some of our favourite wines last year were Riesling, Chardonnay and Marsanne produced right out of Heathcote.
Heathcote as a region has been compared closely to it’s overseas French counterpart Rhone Valley. Located north of the Great Dividing Range, the majority of soil under vine is Cambrian – red and deep and evident as you venture into the area. From north to south the temperature varies by around 2° which is similar to Rhone Valley (although northern Rhone is closest to the south part of Heathcote and vice versa). Interestingly a very well known Rhone Valley producer, M Chapoutier has crossed the world to explore the terroirs of Australia and as a result has established a vineyard in Heathcote.
Some of our favourite Heathcote wineries
There are so many great options to choose from. It would be impossible to visit them all in one trip but the good news is you can visit as many times as you like. See some of the many options on the Heathcote wineries page or check out one of our favourites wineries from the following list; Tellurian, Condie, The Bridge, Jaspers Hill, Heathcote Inn featuring Chalmers Winery, Merindoc, Munari, Sanguine, Wild Duck Creek, Domaine Asmara, Shiraz Republic, Vinea Marson and Heathcote Wine Hub.
Other Heathcote stop options include:
– Palling Bros Brewery
– Animus Gin Distillery
- Fun & social days out perfect for birthdays, friends & family & social clubs
- Foodie & wine lovers tours great for people a little more serious about their wine & food
- Premium tours ideal for those serious about wine, you will get access to some of the countries best wine makers
- Corporate tours perfect for a special & unique day out for corporate groups
- Christmas parties reward your staff for a great year, with a social day out
- Small group tours no-one misses out with tours catering to couples, singles and smaller groups
- Mornington Peninsula tours days out on the Mornington Peninsula
- Yarra Valley tours days out in the Yarra Valley
A stellar line up of wines at Tellurian
Delicious charcuterie boards and friendly service at Heathcote Wine Hub
Merindoc outdoor tasting
Recent tripadvisor feedback
“BEST WINERY TOUR COMPANY – Mornington Peninsula”
So this is the second time i have personally used Wine Compass and I’ve also recommended a friend who arranged their 30th also.
I cannot recommend Adam, Gabi & the team highly enough!
I promise you, you will just have the best day! Full of lots of laughs, food & of course..WINEEE!
They really tailor the tour to suit your group.
Cannot wait to book my next one!! 😀
thanks SOO much guys…
“Great Hens Day”
Our group loved our Hens Day at the Mornington Peninsula. Wine Compass was beyond helpful in the lead up – very accomodating our needs, particularly when we threw in some last minute changes to dietary requirements and number of attendees! Our host, Sam, was awesome – he was informative and kept the momentum going, but he was also fun and flexible (he worked with vendors when we were running a little behind schedule.) All of the girls in our group enjoyed the day!
“Fantastic private tour!”
Adam & his team organised a wonderful full personalised day for us (13 adults, 3 children & a baby) and covered something for everyone – wineries, a brewery/cidery & a chocolaterie for the kids (& big kids…)! Duncan was a great host, charming and hilarious and also knowledgeable about the area and places we were visiting. Everyone was very easy to deal with and pre-service was fast and helpful. I would definitely be contacting Adam again when in the area.
“Day tour with Kieran”
Kieran was a wonderful guide on our Private tour. We stopped at Tucks Ridge, Merricks, Quealy Winemakes (lunch included) and final stop at Morning Sun. Great time had by all! Highlights include great wine and food, koala sightings and talks by the winemakers.
“Genuinely fantastic day out”
We were a small group of four friends – two of which hadn’t spent much time in Australia let alone outside of capital cities.
From the first enquiry to the end of the day at drop off, the entire experience was exceptional. The booking process was simple, the car was clean, the driver was engaging and knowledgeable and the venues we visited were just perfect for us.
We don’t know much about wine, but we enjoyed the help provided by various wine cellars and the driver on the day.
Could not recommend this enough!!
Check out some highlights from our tours
Take a look at what Wine Compass tours are all about
Mix it up with a brewery
Try gins at a distillery