Yarra Valley Wine Tours
***We are still taking bookings and looking to run tours from August (all deposits full refundable). More information Wine Compass Coronavirus (COVID-19) update***
Wine Compass offers private Yarra Valley wine tours. Our packages include the Yarra Valley’s best vineyards, which are fully customisable and flexible to meet your requirements. From the very first consultation, we aim to do everything possible to make your Yarra Valley wine tour experience truly unforgettable. We have no affiliations with specific wineries, meaning we can make your Yarra Valley wine tasting tour exactly what you want it to be.
Best of all we take care of everything both before the tour and on the day, so all you need to do is get your people there. Pick-ups leaving from Melbourne and local accommodation.
Choose your tour type
We’ve got experience providing Yarra Valley wine tasting tours tailored to all kinds of events; find out more information below
Fun & Social private tours
Enjoy a private wine tour with groups large and small for all kinds of occasions. Highlights include:
– A fun way to catch up with your loved ones
– Enjoy the world-class wine and produce of the Yarra Valley
– Experienced host with a focus on creating a fun, relaxed environment
Ideal for: Days out with friends and/or family, hen’s parties, ladies/boys days out, birthday parties, Christmas parties, & Social Club Functions
Find out more about our Fun & Social wine tours
Foodie & Wine lover Private Tours
If you’re a little more serious about your food and wine, you’ll love our specialised foodie & wine lover tours of the Yarra Valley:
– Hand-selected stops that highlight the best of the Yarra Valley, with a focus on some of the more boutique offerings
– More in-depth insight into the winemaking process, thanks to informative hosts and connections with local characters
– Plenty of fun to be had along the way
– Options include: handpicked wineries, distilleries, chocolate and cheese makers, breweries, and more
Find about more about our Foodie & Wine Lover tours
Small Group Public Tours
Perfect for couples and smaller groups, explore the Yarra Valley without the higher price tag of a private tour
– Small, boutique wineries where you get great wines and the best experiences
– A fun and relaxed vibe, you will get lots of laughs along the way
– Informative and entertaining, with an awesome Wine Compass host to make sure your day is extra special
– 3 tours types to choose from
Find about more about our small group tours
The holiday season is fast approaching:
– Pick-ups from your office or anywhere you suggest
– Focus on fun while also being informative on the wines and the region
– Fun host who can work in with the vibe of the day, play music
– We can work with any games, quizzes or special requests
View a recent Christmas Party in the Yarra Valley
Wedding season is fast approaching, what better way to celebrate:
– Classy, casual and fun with plenty of time to socialise
– Easy to organise, just get everyone there on the day
– Good vibes, games and music
– Tailored for your group, options include: wineries, breweries, cidery and dairy, with gourmet and casual lunch options
Find about more about our Hens party tours
Birthday wine tours
Enjoy a private wine tour with groups large and small and make the birthday girl/boy feel really special
– Great laughs and chilled vibes
– Enjoy casual experiences with great wine and produce in the Yarra Valley
– Experienced host with a focus on creating a fun, relaxed environment
Find out more about our Birthday party wine tours
For the ultimate experience consider one of your premium tours
– Meet winemakers, enjoy private tastings and the best wines
– Experienced wine hosts including international wine judges and sommeliers
– Gourmet lunches at the Valley’s best spots
– Best for: wine collectors, connoisseurs, people in the industry, people who want behind the scenes access. These tours are our most expensive options
Find about more about our Premium tours
Corporate Tours with a Difference
Your clients or staff will love this unique and special dayout, with highlights including:
– Experience the best of the Yarra Valley’s top wine, food, and produce
– Host with plenty of knowledge and experience
– We take care of the organisation so you can focus on enjoying the day
– Options include: Masterclass & Blind Tasting Competition, top wineries, breweries, cheese and chocolate makers, distilleries, and more
Find about more about our Corporate Tours
Yarra Valley Wine Tours Bookings & Tour Pricing
Because our wine tours are fully tailored, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all price guide. However, after we’ve started collaborating with you to create your dream day out, we can provide you with a sample itinerary and pricing including boutique wineries and stops.
Contact us to learn more about our great value, competitive pricing.
Yarra Valley Small group tours
Small group tours, now you can experience a Wine Compass itinerary in couples, singles or small groups.Small Group public tours
Barrel room tasting at Dominique Portet
Some of our favourite Yarra Valley stops
The Yarra Valley is a cool climate region specialising in magnificent Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. That’s not to say there isn’t something for everyone though. A Yarra Valley experience caters to sparkling lovers, white lovers (including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris & more) as well as heavier red drinkers with Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon. Enjoy a tasting of glass of wine.
Other Yarra Valley stop options include:
– Gin distillery
Check out some of our favourites on the Yarra Valley wineries page.
Soumah of the Yarra Valley views
Our other tours
- Fun & social days out perfect for birthdays, friends & family, hens & social clubs
- Foodie and wine lover tours people a little more serious about their wine & food
- Corporate tours Special and different days out for corporates
- Small group tours new public tours for singles, couples and smaller groups
- Premium tours insider access to the best of the Yarra Valley
- Christmas parties reward your staff for a great year, with a social day out
- Hens tours Give the bride-to-be a fabulous day out she won’t forget
- Mornington tours days out on the Mornington Peninsula
Boardroom tasting at Pimpernel.
Our recent TripAdvisor feedback
“Well organised, stress free tour”
I booked a wine tour with Wine compass for a corporate conference. From the beginning of the booking process they were very flexible, incorporating the places we wanted to go and also giving suggestions on other places we hadn’t thought of. Communication was prompt and detailed from start to finish.
The actual bus itself was great – leather seats, air-conditioned and the perfect size for our group. Bottled water on board was a great idea.
Our tour guide Jarrod was really knowledgeable and took care of everything on the day, which took the pressure off me as the organiser. It was a really relaxing and enjoyable experience for the whole group.
I would absolutely use Wine compass again for any tours in the future, both for business or social trips.
“Highly recommended!! Sam was Awesome!”
I’ve done a couple of wine tours in Yarra valley with different companies and this was by far my favourite. We had a hens party of 10 ladies with Sam hosting and we had a blast! the whole experience from quote to the day was great – would recommend and would do it again! Thank you thank you thank you
“Sensational Yarra Valley Tour”
Adam, Jimmy and team put together a great Yarra Valley winery tour for our recent team outing, we got to visit some lovely boutique wineries (including one that we requested that wasn’t on their list) and tried some really amazing wines. Jimmy also made sure that we slowed down when passing kangaroos so our international visitors could get a good look and take some photos.
I will definitely be using Wine Compass again.
“Amazing tour of the Yarra Valley. Loved it! Highly recommend.”
We had a fantastic tour with Wine Compass for our company’s belated Christmas party. Our guide, Jarrod, was wonderful. He was knowledgeable, friendly and provided a relaxed and fun atmosphere. He took great care of us! The wineries we visited were varied and each special in their own way. It was an awesome event. Highly recommend.
“Hens day Wine Tour”
We had a fantastic day! Mel our host and Lou our bus driver were wonderful. The bus was very comfortable. The wineries they took us too were excellent, smaller, lesser known which was exactly what we were looking for. I would definitely use them again.
Thanks to Wine Compass and our wonderful host Jarrod for an amazing wine tour! We had an amazing day and were taken to small but excellent wineries which you could tell had a real passion for it. Would 100% book again!
Check out some highlights from our tours
Take a look at what Wine Compass tours are all about
Alternate option to wine Yarra Valley Dairy
Mix the day up with a brewery
The newest distillery in the region